Search This Blog

Monday 30 January 2017

My Favourite Chickens

Hey Guys, I'm back!

This week I will talk to you about the different types of chicken breeds. I will discuss them in order of which are my favourites and so on. I will give you a brief history and geography for each breed.

My favourite breed of chicken is the Buff Sussex chicken. I love this breed of chicken as it is so beautiful. There are two Buff Sussex chickens on the farm in my school. Much like the Bantam Buff Sussex chicken that I wrote about in my last post they originated in AD43 in the county that is now identified as Sussex in south east England. 
A photo of a Bantam Buff Sussex I took myself!

My next favourite breed of chicken is the Rhode Island Red. Rhode Island Red chickens are very popular in Ireland. They were originally bred in Massachusetts and Rhode Island in the years     1831-1899. the date is unknown. They were originally bred for meat production but they are now also used as show hens.
http://bit.ly/2jYuemA

Another favourite of mine is definitely the Serama Rooster. The Serama chicken was created by crossing bantam breeds of chickens in Malaysia. It has only come about in the last 50 years. It is also very rare. They are beautiful as rooster, their feathers are an excellent colour.
http://bit.ly/2jlPyAB

I also really like the Araucana chicken that originated in Chile. It lays blue eggs and has little tufts of feathers around their beak or the ears. This make it look like they have a moustache which is very funny. I also really like the blue eggs as it is very uncommon in chickens to lay blue eggs.
http://bit.ly/2jYh09r

That's all for this week,
Bye xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.